Students have the opportunity to gain valuable skills in a real working environment through a compulsory 315 hours high-quality industry placement. Many students will be taking the brand-new T Level qualifications from September, and the following provides important information …
- You will develop highly desirable professional communication skills that employers are seeking as well as confidence and hands-on industry experience.
- We will help you find an employer and support you via a dedicated Work Placement Officer who will work with you during your placement to make sure you are getting the best from the experience and deal with any concerns you may have.
- We encourage you to try and find a placement you feel comfortable working in – if you find a placement before you enrol, we will help you get everything in place to start your placement as soon as you begin your course.
- If you are accepted onto your course, part of the condition of your offer will be that you will commit to completing the full programme including the 315 hours of placement
- You will be expected to complete your 315 of hours placement on non-college days – this can be flexible such as one or two days per week or block weeks during the holidays.
Yes – the College may be able to support you with travel costs. This will be considered on an individual basis, so speak to your Work Placement Officer before you agree to start the placement.
The College is making it very clear that it is a compulsory requirement of this course. If your paid part-time job is in an industry directly relating to your course of study, we may be able to consider it towards your 315 hours requirement. Contact the Work Placements officer by email on firstname.lastname@example.org who will discuss this with you.
The College is committed to providing high quality work placement opportunities for all our students. We support students with disabilities, learning difficulties and health-related issues to complete placements. We have good relationships with employers, who support our ethos of inclusion and equality. Your Work Placement Coordinator will discuss your individual circumstances with you so we can consider the best placement options to meet your needs.
For more information on industry placements please click here.