Bridging the Gap Between School and Career
Did you know, getting from Saltash to City College Plymouth is simple. You just have to take the 2/2A or 5/5A bus to Plymouth city centre, then the FREE Stagecoach 36 service to the College. Find out more about bus passes and support with travel costs here.
Did you know …
the College is dedicated to helping young people make the transition from school to university or into the world of work, so we’re offering all 16-18 year olds a guaranteed place on a full-time course at the College this September?!
What are your options?
Just received your exam results and considering your options? Make sure you know all the options available.
- Young people don’t have to stay in school until they’re 18. Young people are required to stay in education or training, but these choices include going to College or doing an Apprenticeship. They DON’T have to stay at school!
- Young people DO NOT have to stay at school until they achieve a GCSE grade 4/5 (previously a grade C) in both English and maths. They can study GCSEs part-time to support another course/study programme or try functional skills (equivalent qualifications in practical English and maths skills).
- Young people CAN apply for an Apprenticeship even if they do not achieve a GCSE grade 4/5 in English and maths. As part of day release, they will study functional skills – these are practical maths and English skills relevant to their Apprenticeship.
- If young people choose a BTEC qualification, they CAN go on to study a university-level course. For specific degree and foundation degree entry requirements please see the UCAS website here – or alternatively e-mail our Higher Education team at email@example.com.
- College is NOT like school. Students get to experience so much more than just sitting in a classroom. Hands-on training, getting to grips with our industry-standard facilities, meeting employers, and building core employability skills are just some of the reasons to ‘be part of it’.
Exam Results Advice Service
We know there’s a lot to think about when deciding what career path you want to take. To find the most relevant information for you, click on the links below.
To speak to a member of the College Information Team, you can:
- call 01752 305803
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- use the web chat feature.
Tour the Facilities
If you’d like to have a look around our facilities, why not book an appointment for a personalised tour of the campus with a member of our College Information Team? Not only is this a great way to see if college is for you, but it’s also another opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
Please complete the form below to book and one of the team will be in touch to provide further information about your visit.