Choose a Sector
Apprentice HR Assistant
Number of vacancies:
COLEBROOK (SOUTHWEST) LIMITED
Unit 37, HQ Building, 237 Union Street, Plymouth, PL1 3HQ
Salary per week:
Brief overview of the role
To support the HR Administrator and Central Services team to help to meet the administrative needs of the organisation. This apprenticeship vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth who are shortlisting initially on behalf of Colebrook (South West) Ltd. The College will be in touch with you directly once we have received your application.
• To assist the Managers and HR Administrator in the recruitment and selection process.
• To assist the HR Administrator in HR documentation such as preparing letters by using templates.
• To assist the HR Administrator to monitor staff records on a regular basis using different monitoring systems, such as Charity Log, Excel, etc.
• To help to maintain HR filing and records, paper-based and electronic, in line with the organisation’s requirements.
• To assist the HR Administrator with arranging organisational training and providing monthly training reports.
• To arrange meetings, functions, refreshments and appropriate facilities as required or in liaison with other teams.
• To assist Finance Team with related tasks such as travel expenses as required.
• To maximise the use of organisational resources and ensure cost and time effectiveness of any system and procedure that are in use.
• To answer daily enquiries that are received via phone, email, post or in person
• To undertake other duties that may reasonably be required by the Chief Executive, MT and Board of Directors.
• To comply with all aspects of the policies and procedures of Colebrook in accordance with legislation and good practice, complying with Data Protection Act requirements and promoting equality and diversity.
• To remain active and involved in personal development opportunities, training and participate in supervision and performance appraisals as required.
• To promote open and honest communication and to work as part of the Team to develop Colebrook’s strategic direction and deliver organisational objectives.
Please Note: All job descriptions are reviewed on an ongoing basis. There is an expectation that all the above duties / tasks can be performed by the employee to meet the changing needs of services and / or clients.
You will be trained by the organisation to develop yourself within the job role whilst proving competency towards your apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
The Level 2 Business and Administration apprenticeship has a duration of 12 – 15 months and includes a handful of College attendance sessions over this period. You will be assigned a designated assessor from City College Plymouth who will visit you at the workplace every 6 weeks to assess your competence, set new tasks and walk you through the content of the apprenticeship.
You will be closely monitored to ensure you are progressing as expected in the allocated time frame.
Qualities and skills:
• Organisational skills and good attention to detail
• Interpersonal, communication and telephone skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Letter and report writing experience
• Able to receive constructive feedback
• Able to prompt others to provide the information that is required for the task completion
Experience & Knowledge
• Understanding and knowledge of setting up and maintaining paper based and electronic personnel files to consistent standards
• Experience or knowledge of generating formal documentation from templates
• A working knowledge of word processing and excel spreadsheets using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of working with IT systems and an experience of using internet browsers and social media
• An understanding of the HR role and its value to the organisation
• General customer service and admin experience
• Interest in HR
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Positive and optimistic attitude
• Willingness to work with guidance and undertake training to continue professional development
• Ability to work in a fair and non-discriminatory manner
• A team player who is supportive and self-motivated
• Commitment to working proactively in an environment of change
• Able to identify stress in self and discuss with manager
Please note some of the ‘desirable’ statements are essential to the role but they can be taught during the probation period
• General education to GCSE / O level standard or equivalent including English and Maths
Your application for this apprenticeship will be managed by City College Plymouth. If you do not have the relevant grades (C/4 or above) in English and Maths you will be invited into the College to sit as assessment to see what current level you are working at.
This is a 12 month post initially and your future prospects will be reviewed towards the end of your apprenticeship.
Colebrook has been awarded the contract to deliver Healthwatch Plymouth. Under new leadership, the organisation is proving that it has the expertise, ability and innovation to support and inspire local people, communities and organisations.
In addition to our supported accommodation and outreach work, we also provide a number of community-based services promoting social inclusion and giving vulnerable people a voice.