Choose a Sector
Accounts & Admin Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Millbay, Plymouth, PL1 3EW
Salary per week:
Monday - Friday, Office Hours. 37.5 per week
Brittany Ferries are offering a unique development opportunity to the right candidate to experience a fully rounded Accounts and Administration experience within a very busy office environment. This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth who will be in touch with you directly upon application.
This vacancy will be to support the existing Accounts and Administration team within a busy office environment. This role will include a variety of administration and accounts training in the following areas:
- Banking Controller: To reconcile the posted entries in the passenger & freight, UK & Irish Sales Ledgers are duly received into the relevant Sterling and Euro bank accounts. Ensuring the cash flow for the main group income stream is maximised.
- Purchase Ledger: Payment of staff expenses including those submitted for mileage claims and company credit cards. Data checking including mini audits.
- Sales Ledger: To evaluate & control the risk of the UK & Irish sales Ledgers. To collect all ledger balances (agencies, operations and direct clients) in a timely and efficient manner to ensure the main income stream for the BAI group runs at optimum cash flow positions.
- Management Information: Assist the preparation of the company’s UK and Ireland management information reporting.
- Management Administration: To provide full administration services to back office personnel together with varied company wide responsibilities.
Daily duties for this position will include:
- Daily reconciliation of all financial transactions
- Ensuring all daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks in Sales Ledger are completed
- Raising purchase orders as necessary
- Answering suppliers and staff queries by telephone and email
- Paying suppliers and staff by cheque and BACS
- Retrieval of documents and reporting on ledger entries
- Updating monthly reports as required
- All general administration and support services
- Business and Administration level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to develop oneself
- English and Mathematics grade C/4 and above
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.
The long term aim would be for the right candidate to secure a full time permanent position.