Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Princess Motor Yacht Sales
This traineeship will be three days a week and split between time at City College Plymouth and with the employer. It will be around 6-7 hours a day.
The work placement side of this traineeship with Princess Motor Yacht Sales will primarily be assisting with administration tasks in their office.
Duties for this traineeship will include:
- Filing and archiving
- Using ‘Kerridge’ (Widely used software package within the motor industry)
- Goods in and out processing
- Potential for reception-based duties
- Job pack creation
- Data entry into Microsoft Excel
- Supporting local marketing projects
- Supporting the supply chain to the engineers
- Assisting with the processing of monthly health and safety checks
This traineeship will be mostly desk based; however, you will frequently be up and about, on boats, in the workshop, in reception or in the parts department supporting where required.
You will undertake a 6-7-week traineeship where you will receive a mixture of college-based learning and on-the-job training. This will include employability skills, digital skills and some sector specific learning. You will also receive valuable work experience, feedback from the employer and learn a range of skills that will help with future applications.
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Great timekeeping skills
- Comfortable working at a fast pace
- Willing to get stuck into any project
All traineeship programmes offer an exit interview with the work experience host at the end of the placement for you to get meaningful written feedback from the employer to help you with any future applications.