Choose a Sector
Administrative Assistant Apprenticeship
Number of vacancies:
KEITH KNIGHT CONSTRUCTION LTD
Unit 8, Devonshire Meadows, Broadley Park Road, Plymouth, PL6 7EZ
Salary per week:
8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Total hours per week: 37.50
For this apprenticeship you will be providing office support for the existing team and the Office Manager. As you progress in this apprenticeship the job role will develop and you will be trained in other areas of the company’s administration.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Photocopying, printing and scanning
- Creating hard-copy site files
- Archiving documents
- Maintaining and updating contact lists
- Open and date stamp mail
- Answering the phone when required
- Arranging refreshments for meetings
- Ordering stationery
- NVQ Diploma in Business Administration Level 2
- Functional skills if required
All training will be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with Keith Knight Construction Ltd throughout the 12 – 15 month apprenticeship. For this apprenticeship you will only have to attend College for the induction sessions and any relevant exams, otherwise all of your learning and assessments will be carried out at the workplace where an assessor will visit you every 6 weeks.
Qualities and skills:
- IT skills and an ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ideally an interest in the construction industry
GCSE Grade C or 4 in mathematics and English or equivalents or higher preferred.
There may be the potential for permanent employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.