Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
City College Plymouth
Kings Road Plymouth PL1 5QG
Salary per week:
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm Total hours per week: 37.00
The Admissions Apprentice is part of a team responsible for processing all applications received by City College Plymouth and ensuring these are dealt with efficiently and effectively. The post holder supports the team in communicating with applicants throughout the admissions process, liaising with Faculty staff where necessary and carrying out various business administration tasks.
- To input and update data from applications onto the student record system as directed
- To respond to enquiries in person, over the telephone, by email and online to all customers including potential applicants and parents
- Maintain efficient and effective filing systems
- Deal with correspondence appropriately, ensuring data protection regulations are adhered to at all times
- To receive and send a variety of correspondence to individuals, arranging faculty and careers guidance interviews and liaising with staff and applicants as necessary
- To liaise closely with applicants carrying out customer service activities such as interview reminder calls, follow up calls for non-attendees and withdrawn applicants, providing advice and guidance as appropriate
- To assist in actioning office diary tasks as required
- To keep up to date with the range of courses on offer and cross-College information, to assist in responding to enquiries
- To represent the Admissions team at both internal and external events
- To assist the Admissions Officer in promoting equality and diversity to both staff and applicants throughout the admissions process
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may reasonably be required and you may be required to be trained to administer First Aid
- Customer service practitioner level 2 with administrative skills apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
A high standard of communication skills, both written and verbal.
Effective IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages.
Confidence to be the first point of contact for incoming calls from employers and occasionally on our main reception.
A commitment to a high customer service standards
English and maths GCSEs grade 4/5 (C) or above
On successful completion of your level 2 Customer Service Practioner apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to progress onto a level 3 Business Administration. This will be dependent on your progress throughout your level 2 and whether there is a further job vacancy within the College at that time.