Choose a Sector
Apprentice Administrative Assistant
Number of vacancies:
Discovery Multi Academy Trust
Salary per week:
£131 per week
Mon – Fri 8am to 4pm (1 hour for lunch)
- Reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Maintenance of manual and computerised records/management systems.
- Routine financial administration
- Sorting and distribution mail and deliveries
- Assistance with arrangements for visits by the school nurse, photographer etc
- Undertake other duties as directed and commensurate with the grading of the role
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- A calm and professional manner
- An ability to carry out several tasks at the same time
- A flexible approach to work
- Lots of initiative
- Using judgement when interpreting and resolving straightforward problems
- Interpersonal skills for communicating tactfully information with colleagues and callers and visitors to the academy
- Keyboarding skills for the production of routine correspondence and emails with occasional typing. Word processing and other IT based tasks
Possible career progression
The role is mainly office based with occasional exposure to the general background noise of the school environment.
The post is predominately office based with limited requirements for lifting and carrying files, boxes and other general office items as well as standing and walking within the school environment.
Concentration is required for periods of up to two hours at a time with some work-related pressure due to conflicting demands from telephone calls and visitors.