Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Union Street, Plymouth
Salary per week:
To carry out the full range of administrative duties in both sales and lettings
- Answer and deal with incoming phone calls
- Receive Landlords, Tenants and Contractors calling into the office
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintain a hard copy filing system
- Maintain and develop the computerised property management database
- Handle requests for information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Maintenance of office equipment and stationery
- Writing routine letters and e mails
- Researching the internet as required
Any other tasks that may reasonably be required commensurate with the post
- Basic accounting tasks such as issuing invoices and paying contract
- Dealing with maintenance enquiries
- Updating the company website and our properties on other property websites such as Rightmove and Zoopla
- Compiling property advertisements for local property papers
- Ensuring all properties are compliant with relevant legislation
- Registering deposits and ensuring compliance with legislation
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to use initiative
- Ability to work on your own unsupervised
Progression to Negotiator
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled In and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.