Choose a Sector
Apprentice Architectural Technician
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
£173.25 - £334.13
As an Apprentice Architectural Technician, you will be an integral and supporting part of the architectural design team specialising in the research of products, processes, legislation and technology as well as detailing, designs and drawings, over the various stages of a project:
1. Project Inception
- Collating and organising technical information
- Investigating technical information and factors that affect developments, including user needs, site and building surveys and regulatory requirements
2. Project Planning
- Monitoring health and safety in design
- Preparing regulatory applications
3. Design Process
- Preparing design proposals using Computer Aided Draughting and traditional methods
- Contributing to the detailed design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
- Preparing specifications for construction work
- Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
- Contributing to design stage risk assessment
4. Contract Management
- Making site visits
- Obtaining tenders for construction work
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation
5. Professional Practice
- Liaising between members of the client, design and construction teams
- Providing professional technical guidance to both clients and the design and construction team
- Undertaking structured Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Generally working with the team and assisting staff both in the office and at site visits both locally and across the South of England.
- Document management in accordance with QA procedures
- Meet with other professionals, clients, customers and others to obtain and provide information relating to land, property or construction
- Ensure a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Completing work to a high standard and to deadlines
Alongside this role, you will undertake the Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is associated with the supervision of specialist contractors and workers on construction projects. This apprenticeship has a duration of 36 months and you will be required to attend College one day per week (term time), to undertake the HNC Construction and the Built Environment qualification.
Qualities and skills:
- The successful candidate should have a good understanding of what the discipline of Architectural Technology involves, and is fully aware of the career path ahead
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is determined and passionate about becoming a Chartered Architectural Technologist
- You must be keen to learn, adaptable and eager to start an exciting career with a well-established business
The successful candidate should have gained at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5/C+ or above including maths & English or equivalents.
You must be 18 to apply for this apprenticeship due to the entry requirements within the HNC.
For the right candidate, future employment and progression is available.
Things to consider
All applicants must have the desire to gain a full driver’s licence upon eligibility.
- Join a dynamic consultancy with excellent progression opportunities and fully funded training
- Support and guidance through your apprenticeship
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Up to 27 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Regular sports & social events-BBQ’s, boat trips, bowling nights and much-much more!
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent enhanced pension scheme
- Access to 24/7 counselling through our employee assistance helpline
- Exclusive restaurant, travel and retail discounts