Choose a Sector
Catering and Hospitality
Number of vacancies:
CHILLI100 Food Limited
Post Graduate Medical Centre, Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8DH
Salary per week:
Coffee Shark is on a mission to break with the norm and serve exceptional coffee from the best beans; serve food that is locally sourced, fresh and homemade. To support this mission we are an independent business that wants to serve food that tastes good and does you good but whose ethos also contributes to the community we are in. We have a café which is the front face of our business and also cater for events for anything of up to 200 people. We are based at Derriford at The Post Graduate Medical Centre. Our customers are mainly out of the NHS, Doctors, Consultants, Leadership and healthcare.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice that shares a passion for food and coffee and wants to change the culture of food for all those working at Derriford. As an Apprentice Chef you will learn to cook up mouth watering event meals from gourmet buffets for up to 130 to sit down 3 course dishes.
- Create, prepare and cook daily menus for the events and café
- Be an organised person who thrives working in a team with a great work ethic
- Create new and exciting food menus based on feedback from customers and staff
- Learn to order and about stock control – limiting waste
- Learn to work effectively with pressure of time and food delivery
- Learn how the storage of food meets statutory health and safety requirements
- Comply and implement all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene expectations
- Have exposure to commercial aspects of driving food and beverage sales
- Is creative with ideas and keen to contribute to the growth of the business whilst learning at the same time
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Follows all operational policies
- Ensures that the kitchen area is clean and tidy, organised and safely displayed
- Does food tasting and feeds back results
- From time to time supports events, is flexible and accommodating. Treats colleagues and customers professionally and with respect
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components;
- NVQ Diploma
- Technical Cert
- Functional Skills maths and English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is expected to last 12 months.
Qualities and skills:
The ideal candidate will be open minded with some knowledge and experience of cooking.
- Great work ethic
- Good time keeping
- Looks after their well being
- Able to work as part of a team
- Have fun whilst working
Possible progression within the company, dependent on performance, apprentice completion, attitude and business growth.