Choose a Sector
Catering and Hospitality
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
You will generally be working 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
For this apprenticeship you will mainly be working in the kitchen alongside the chef to cook a number of dishes from the popular breakfast menu. There will also be times where you will help out with making coffee and serving customers. You will also help to come up with new ideas for food specials and evening events within the cafe!
Duties for this role will include:
- Preparing fresh ingredients for cooking
- Ensuring that all food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
- Cooking food and preparing menu items in a timely manner
- Helping the chef with menu development
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- Functional skills if required
You will be trained by the business to develop your skills in the kitchen and be supervised at all times.
You will be required to attend College one day per week to gain the essential knowledge and practical skills to enhance your ability to do the job and complete the apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship has a duration of 12 – 18 months.
Qualities and skills:
- The ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Able to follow instructions
- Passionate about cooking and the hospitality industry
- Happy to talk about new ideas openly
- Good listener
- Able to work as part of a team
GCSE or equivalent C/4 or above in English and maths is desirable, however you will still be considered without these grades.
You will learn a range of skills that will help you to progress confidently in the hospitality industry.
There may be the potential for employment at the end of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.