Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
You will start off by working alongside an electrician on a day to day basis assisting them on jobs and will learn to perform the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities;
- Test electrical equipment
- Installs repairs, or replaces electrical wiring etc
- Do preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems
- Install electrical circuits
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abide by safety rules.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Hard working
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn
- Hands on skills
- Maths, English and basic computer skills