Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Kelliwick Electrical Service
Salary per week:
The successful candidate vying for the post of apprentice electrician will work under the supervision of Matt, qualified Electrician, and will be expected in time to perform the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities shown below:
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications to see layout of commercial electrical equipment installations
- Tests electrical and equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance
- Installs, repairs, or replaces AC/DC motors and drives, transformers, motors, starters, relays, and hydraulic and gas electrical controls
- Installs repairs, or replaces electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, and line assemblies, lighting, and alternative electrical parts
- Installs, repairs, or replaces generators and industrial storage batteries
- Do preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems (including power distribution equipment)
- Installs electrical circuits, as well as panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches, and equipment required to accommodate the CEC and/or NEC
- Works on electrical failures and replaces components wherever production time is often affected
- Corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls wherever incorrect applications may cause harm and dangerous conditions
- Conducts preventive and maintenance programs, and also keeps maintenance records
- May install, maintain, and calibrate industrial equipment and connected devices
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abide by safety rules.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
You must be honest, trustworthy and reliable. As you are going to be working for a small business you will have an impact on the business and its daily running, therefore this business needs someone who can be supportive of their needs and be in the right frame of mind to commit long-term and be part of the businesses growth.
- Must possess communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety needs
- Must possess team spirit, and be able to work closely with others
- Must have a good knowledge in English and Maths to pass the initial assessments
Possible career progression
As there is site work carried out for this apprenticeship, a CSCS card will be required to go onto a new build site. The apprenticeships team at City College Plymouth can support with the CSCS exam upon completion of your English and maths. With the employer being based in Callington, you need to ensure this is a place of work you can reach easily each morning.