Choose a Sector
Apprentice Finance Assistant
Number of vacancies:
Harold Duckworth & Co
41 Houndiscombe Road, Plymouth, PL4 6EX
Salary per week:
Primarily working in the accounts department, reporting directly to the accounts manager or accounts senior, you will have a variety of responsibilities which will be structured to aid in your learning of the AAT qualification.
- Recording and reconciling of income and expenditure
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts preparation to trial balance
- Reconciling client books and records (bookkeeping) using computer software to record financial transactions and draft VAT returns, primarily using Xero
- Potential to be involved with regular payroll duties on behalf of our clients
- Inputting and maintaining client data on our accounting and practice management software
- Collaborating with the team to deliver excellent service to clients and maintaining professional communication with colleagues and clients
- Meeting deadlines for professional work and study requirements
- Administrative duties
- Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
This apprenticeship has a typical duration of 18 months.
You will receive on the job training and have regular visits from a designated college assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Have good communication skills and be well presented and keen to learn
- Great IT skills
- Good mathematical skills and a head for numbers
- Must be able to work well as part of a team but be reliable, self-motivated and hard working
- Have a focused and logical approach to work with strong attention to detail
- Have a friendly yet professional and respectful approach to work and colleagues
- You should have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalents grade 4/C and above including English and maths
As a firm we are passionate about helping our team develop and succeed. We provide a supportive and flexible environment in which to work, that allows individuals to challenge themselves and take on increasing responsibility. The right candidate will progress to an accounts assistant at the end of their apprenticeship. Following this the expectation is the candidate will continue to study towards the AAT qualification with the possibility of progressing onto the ACCA or ACA qualification.