Choose a Sector
Apprentice Finance Assistant
Number of vacancies:
REACH SOUTH ACADEMY TRUST
1 Johnston Terrace Ope, Plymouth, PL2 2EN
Salary per week:
Reach South Academy Trust are looking for a motivated and reliable candidate to join its Shared Service Centre. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of an effective finance and administration function within our wider family of schools.
At our core, we are a regional trust serving the South West of England with the objective of operating schools that deliver exceptional learning opportunities for children and young people of all school ages. The role is based in the Trust’s Shared service Centre based in Plymouth and will cover a wide variety of tasks such as income, payroll, supplier payments and accounting. The apprentice will gain experience across all of these functions.
Main duties during this level 2 Apprenticeship will include, but not be limited to:
- To support the Finance Team with the processing of orders
- Match invoices with orders and to record goods received into the Academy accounting system
- Income and Sales Ledger
- To support the Accounting Technician with the banking of all incoming monies
- To assist in the recording and maintenance of Asset Management system
- Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
This apprenticeship has a typical duration of 18 months.
You will receive on the job training and have regular visits from a designated college assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Have good communication skills and be well presented and keen to learn
- Great IT skills
- Good mathematical skills and a head for numbers
- Must be able to work well as part of a team but be reliable, self-motivated and hard working
- Have a focused and logical approach to work with strong attention to detail
- Have a friendly yet professional and respectful approach to work and colleagues
- You should have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalents grade 4/C and above including English and maths
There may be the possibility to progress to a Level 3 AAT Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.