Choose a Sector
Apprentice Medical Receptionist
Number of vacancies:
Church View Surgery
30 Holland Road, Plymouth, PL9 9BW
Salary per week:
National Minimum Wage
37.5 on a rota basis; shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 37.50
Providing administration support to the whole team
Follow data protection and confidentiality protocol and legislation.
Deal with patients/third parties in a professional and efficient manner
Full support and training will be given for this role
Good communication will be essential coupled with a friendly, confident and enthusiastic approach
Strict patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- Scanning and filing documentation
- Representing the Practice on the phone and face to face with patients, hospitals and third parties as appropriate.
- Process appointments with the clinical booking system
- Work as part of and support the existing reception/admin team
All training to be provided by City College alongside the employer.
Qualities and skills:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic computer experience
- Team Worker
- Ability to use own judgment, resourcefulness and be able to work under pressure without direct supervision
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and progress in the role
- Excellent communication skills and patience
GCSE grades A*-C or equivalent will need to be studied alongside the apprenticeship if the candidate has not already achieved them.
Apprentices who complete their training will be considered for a full time position.
We have a partnership with another local Practice within a half mile and we would want the apprentice to work at each site in times of sickness.