Choose a Sector
Apprentice Office Assistant
Number of vacancies:
Colebrook (South West) Ltd
6 Shelley Way, Plymouth , PL5 1QF
Salary per week:
- To be a point of contact for the Support Service Team
- To respond to clients, staff and external enquiries that are received via phone or email and directing them to the appropriate colleagues
- To assist the management team with document preparation including letters, formatting, publicity material, Presentations, reports and internal communications, using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- To support the rota coordinator with rota administration, time sheets, reports and monitoring as required
- To maintain electronic and paper filing, archiving and systems as required
- To set up meetings and training
- To support the team with any other Administration and IT queries
- To undertake other duties that may reasonably be required by the Chief Executive, MT and Board of Directors
- To comply with all aspects of the policies and procedures of Colebrook in accordance with legislation and good practice, complying with the data protection act requirements and promoting equality and diversity
- To remain active and involved in personal development opportunities, training and participate in supervision and performance appraisals as required
- To promote open and honest communication and to work as part of the team to develop Colebrook’s strategic direction and deliver organisational objectives
- Business and Administration level 2 Apprenticeship Framework
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- A working knowledge of word processing and excel spreadsheets by using Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- A Good Knowledge of working with IT systems and an experience of using internet browsers and social media
- Ability to talk to a range of people, including clients
- An understanding and knowledge of setting up and maintaining paper-based and electronic files to consistent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and telephone skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A team player who is supportive and self-motivated
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Willingness to work in a changing environment
- Ability to work in a fair non-discriminatory manner
A good understanding of Maths and English is required but not essential as training will be provided throughout the apprenticeship procedure.
GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent for Maths and English would be preferred.
Previous experience in this sector would be beneficial.
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress with us. That could be studying for their Level 3 Business Administration or to become a full member of the team. Either way we hope the successful candidate does progress with us so that they develop their skills even more. If the apprentice does choose not to, then we know we will have given them enough experience and skills to get another job in the business administration environment.