Choose a Sector
Apprentice Painter and Decorator
Number of vacancies:
R M Builders & Contractors
Wilminstone Industrial Estate, Tavistock
Salary per week:
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
We are hiring an Apprentice Painter and Decorator to work on various sites alongside our experienced operators, in your chosen discipline, and learn on the job from them. You will also attend City College Plymouth one day a week to receive further, hands-on training. Our projects are extremely varied, and you would never be bored!
Duties for this role will include:
- Working on construction sites
- Taping off areas as needed
- Stripping off old wallpaper or layers of paint
- Covering surfaces with primer and undercoat
- Rubbing down walls and woodwork
- Helping to clean up at the end of the day
- Following Health and Safety guidelines at all times
The Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship Standard is delivered with College attendance required one day per week at City College Plymouth.
In addition to College attendance you will be assessed at the workplace by the College to prove your competency in this line of work.
Qualities and skills:
- Able to carry out physically strenuous work
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work carefully and accurately
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Able to integrate with workmates and colleagues of all ages and abilities
- Hard working
- CSCS Card
- There are no set qualifications to become an apprentice, but it helps to have GCSEs (A- C/9-4) in maths and English or equivalent as this could exempt you from further training in these subjects.
The potential for permanent employment for the right candidate.
- Own transport would be desirable as projects are often remote
- Must be aged 18 or more due to insurance