Choose a Sector
Apprentice Painter and Decorators
Number of vacancies:
Sos Superior Decorators Ltd
Salary per week:
Monday to Friday - 8am to 4:30pm.
The successful candidates will learn all aspects of painting & decorating within a commercial and residential environment, whilst working towards achieving a Level 2 Painter and Decorator apprenticeship.
The candidates will be involved in all areas from start to finish, including:
- Preparing walls, floors, doors, skirting boards and ceilings
- The candidate will also be applying various coatings & paints
- You will be shown the use of specialist tools and equipment used for this role, and will be supervised at all times by a fully qualified member of staff
You will be working as part of a team and also by yourself so good communication is required.
The ideal candidate will need to be physically fit, have plenty of stamina, and have a head for heights as part of the role will involve working on scaffold platforms indoors and outdoors with a fully trained member of staff.
The Painting and Decorating Level 2 Apprenticeship with City College Plymouth is 3 years long and requires attendance one day per week at College, term time only.
All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by the employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training.
Whilst at College, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory based, whilst the rest will be practical. Learning all these additional skills will benefit you on returning to the employer.
Qualities and skills:
- Good Communicator
- A willingness to learn and succeed in this industry is essential
- The ideal candidates will be confident, keen to learn and able to adapt to different situations
- We are looking for people who are honest, reliable, hardworking and friendly
Ideally, the candidates will have A-C / 4-9 in English and maths GCSE’s or equivalent
A bright future ahead for those who want to start a career in painting and decorating.
We are looking to invest in someone longterm, who has a real passion for the industry.
This employer is based in Forresters Business Park, so you will need to be able to get here easily if necessary.
A paid work trial will be required as part of this apprenticeship to assess your suitability for the job.