Choose a Sector
Apprentice Plasterer (LS Building & Plastering)
Number of vacancies:
L & J Pro Building Contractors
Salary per week:
40 Between 7:30 - 17:00, Monday - Friday.
You will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities of the business such as;
- Meeting and greeting customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Collecting tools/materials from the van
- Understanding what tools/materials may be required for the job and understanding their use, whilst being guided by your mentor, Steve
- Observe the daily practices of your employer and ask questions on duties to enhance understanding
- Keep work areas clean and tidy
- Abide by health and safety at all times
- Carry out tasks yourself once confident in doing so
- Measuring areas to see what material/how much is required
- Look at design and specification of the job in hand
- Cutting objects to correct length or size to ensure accurate fitting
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components;
- Level 2 Technical Cert
- Functional Skills maths and English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Qualities and skills:
- Motivated individual with a strong interest in the Building, Construction, Maintenance & Repairs sector
- The ability to listen carefully and take on information around health & safety
- Strong team work ethic with the ability to take on tasks individually too
- Ideally FULL UK Drivers Licence, or working towards doing your test due to the requirement to travel between customer sites
For this position, you must be keen to learn and understand what it takes to start a career in this trade. It can be a very physically demanding role and you must be prepared for this.
As you will be working within a small team it is essential you can openly and easily communicate with others to enhance your understanding of the trade you want to work in and learn as you earn.
There are no formal qualifications required for this apprenticeship, however you must have a basic level of English and maths which will be assessed by City College Plymouth, before being put forward to this employer.
The potential for permanent employment for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- Own transport would be desirable as projects are often remote (not essential)