Choose a Sector
Apprentice Project Support Assistant
Number of vacancies:
Fineline Carpentry and Building Limited
Salary per week:
Competitive salary dependant on age.
Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable workplace experience and a professional, level 4 qualification within the construction industry. You will learn a range of skills and primarily be assisting the company directors and managers with the smooth running of daily construction site activities within the following disciplines: Commercial/Surveying, Material Procurement, Design/Technical, Health & Safety and General Record Keeping.
A good level of industry experience is essential to be successful in this role.
Daily duties for this role will include:
- Assisting with compiling project costs, budgets and tenders
- Looking at design information to understand project requirements
- Ordering materials from various suppliers/builders’ merchants
- Taking stock of materials on site and stored at head office
- Producing invoices
- Providing updates via email/phone to clients, suppliers and team members
- Filing documents/records in the correct locations
- Helping to ensure safety documents are completed and safety standards are upheld
- HNC in Construction Site Supervisor
Over the course of this 3-year apprenticeship you will spend one day a week in college training and the rest of your working week on the job.
Qualities and skills:
- Good level of industry experience is essential
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good computer skills
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Ability to take initiative
- Professional, friendly, honest and a good team player
- Genuine interest in the construction industry
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English, maths and combined science, and one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points (for September 2017 entry)
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject
- An Advanced Apprenticeship
- An NVQ Level 3 qualification in a related subject
- Equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience
All level 3 qualifications should include appropriate elements of level 3 mathematics and science. Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Upon successful completion of HNC Construction, there is opportunity to progress to a Degree level qualification (part-time study) and a specialist employment role, for example: Quantity Surveyor, Estimator, Buyer, Project Manager, Design Manager or Safety Advisor.
You will be primarily office based, with the need to periodically visit construction sites.