Choose a Sector
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Education and Teaching
Number of vacancies:
Prince Rock Primary School
Salary per week:
Prince Rock Primary School is an outstanding inner-city school with a diverse range of pupils. We aim to provide a safe, caring environment in which each child is encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- Be able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults
- Be eager to work collaboratively in a wider team, adaptable and open to new ideas and practices
- Be a fast and highly flexible thinker, being able to deal with change and unpredictability positively with a ‘can-do’ attitude
We can offer you:
- An extended, supportive team which promotes the development and well-being of everyone in our school community
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are actively involved in shaping the development of our school
- A caring and friendly atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued
- The chance to be imaginative, take risks in learning and be innovative whilst raising attainment
On our 15 month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Post holder will be required to use interpretation skills in order to solve straightforward problems
- Effective written & oral communication skills required to liaise with pupils, other staff, parents and outside agencies and professionals
- Keyboard skills required to support the use of ICT in learning activities
- Post holder will be required to operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, printers, etc.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively, remaining calm & flexible in approach
- Show willingness to contribute to the whole school community, in and out of the classroom
- Energetic and positive with new ideas, plus a sense of humour
- Displays warmth, care, and sensitivity to pupils
GCSE pass in English & maths A*-C (4 to 9) or equivalent
This is dependent on the success of the apprenticeship plus available roles depending on school budget.