Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Newton Abbot, TQ12 5UA
Salary per week:
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Stoaked is a fast growing, high end steel and oak furniture manufacturer looking to hire an Apprentice Welder/Fabricator to join their team.
For this apprenticeship you will learn all aspects of fabrication and welding under the supervision of the experienced fabrication team. You will be working on a variety of different bespoke, high end projects and will learn a variety of skills.
Duties for this role will include:
- Cutting steel
- Drilling holes
- Grinding/finishing steel
- Bending steel
- Using a CNC plasma cutter
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Working to Health and Safety regulations
This is a Level 2 Engineering Operative Working Within a Fabrication Role Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth involving:
- A one-year day release programme to gain a level 2 technical certificate in Engineering Operations
- Work-based learning and training to gain a level 2 certificate / diploma in an engineering / manufacturing discipline
- Extensive on-the-job training
This apprenticeship has an expected duration of 12-18 months.
Qualities and skills:
- Knowledge of working with tools will be an advantage
- Hard working
Ideally candidates will have a minimum of GCSE grade C/4 or above, or equivalent, in maths and English.
There may be the potential for full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
There will be some heavy lifting and you will be working on your feet all day.