Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Beeching Park Industrial Estate, Callington, PL17 8QS
Salary per week:
Monday - Friday 8:30 to 5:00 Total hours per week: 40.00
Callington Motors have a great opportunity for anyone looking to build a career in the Automotive trade whilst gaining a valuable qualification. They are looking to take on a hard-working apprentice to join their existing team. This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth and they will deal with your initial application.
You will start your apprenticeship journey shadowing qualified and experienced Mechanics within this business and as time goes on and you pick the role up, you will be able to do more on your own.
The role of a mechanic is to;
- Repair vehicles and make routine maintenance checks to ensure that a vehicle is running as it should be.
- Have a good technical knowledge of a wide range of vehicles
- A high level of attention to detail
- Be able to work well with customers
- Maintain a patient and friendly attitude.
Mechanics are required to repair and maintain different types of vehicles such as lorries, motorcycles, vans, cars, coaches, and buses
They perform restorative and preventative work on gears, brakes, engine, air conditioning, security features, fuel pump, and more
These workers test new vehicles to find faults and carry out routine servicing of cars.
You will undertake a range of tasks from Engine Management and Welding to MOT’s and Engine Diagnostics.
- Level 2 Auto Care Technician
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Qualities and skills:
- Must be able to follow instruction
- A good listener
- Work well as part of a team
- Able to communicate openly with your team and members of the public who may enter the garage
Basic knowledge in maths and English is required
- On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship the right candidate will have the opportunity to progress onto a level 3.
Please ensure you are able to get to this location daily for work.
You MUST be prepared to get your hands dirty!