Choose a Sector
Business Administration Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
University of Marjon Plymouth
Derriford Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8BH
Salary per week:
From £148 dependent on age
Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 (35 hours)
- Provide first contact assistance and general advice and information to students, staff, partners and visitors or redirect.
- Provide access to book meetings and take payments.
- Be conversant with the University switchboard, keeping user guides and directory up-to-date.
- Assist in maintaining records of key issues and returns to retain security and control.
- Assist with offers of accommodation and allocation; deal with initial enquiries, bookings, key issue and invoicing. Maintain database.
- To assist with the administration of external bookings and room hire.
- Assist in responding to incidents appropriately and summon additional support as detailed in the Emergency or Major Incident Contingency Plan.
- Support administration of lettings, maintaining records of use, track related activities (including financial) preparing reports as required.
- Assist in receiving and maintaining records to show receipt and delivery of special, registered or signed for mail/parcels.
- Support the provision of transport; control of fuel cards; booking vehicles: arranging casual drivers; completing their timesheets for payroll deadlines.
- Assist in processing applications and issue of car parking permits to staff, students and visitors.
- Operate the sale and issue of bus vouchers and tickets for the park and ride and payment.
- Take transactions for debit and credit card payments; completing the transaction log: liaising with Finance on any discrepancies
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good IT skills (databases, word processing, spreadsheets and email)
- Good customer care skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Planning, prioritising and organising work
- Meeting deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and solve straight forward problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Liaising with others
- Flexible- Adaptable
- Team player
Possible career progression.
Please apply direct through the university’s website: https://jobs.marjon.ac.u
You’ll be working in a customer facing environment.
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled in and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.