Choose a Sector
Business Administration Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Enable Law (Part of Foot Anstey)
4 North East Quay Plymouth PL4 0BN
Salary per week:
This is an exciting opportunity for the first step into an administrative support role within the legal sector. Working for a local, well established law firm you will be given the opportunity to access a supportive training programme. This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth who will deal with your initial application.
The purpose of the role is to support the team by dealing with the bulk of the day to day administrative tasks so as to ensure a first class client service, the smooth running of the team and an effective allocation of work.
Day to day duties will include:
- Being responsible for the prompt weeding and archiving of files, ensuring that key documents are marked for permanent retention.
- File opening/closing and general file management.
- Where physical files are held, taking responsibility for filing and maintaining the files in a good order.
- Where electronic files are held, ensuring that all documents are scanned to the correct location and labelled accordingly.
- Printing and Binding documents and arranging other documents to be enclosed with letters.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages where appropriate.
- In conjunction with team members, billing files at the appropriate time, and dealing with cash management.
- BACS, CHAPS, cheque requests, transfers between accounts.
- Receiving completed dictations, filing to the document management system once approved by fee earner, printing, arranging signature and posting.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of the team’s client records in the firms databases.
- Providing support to the team with other tasks when appropriate, to include dealing with expense claims, travel bookings and appointment bookings.
- To ensure a quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies.
- To be a role model for the Foot Anstey Values.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components;
- Business and Administration
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma
- Technical Cert
- Functional Skills maths and English if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS Outlook and MS Word is essential
- Methodical and accurate with an extremely high level of attention to detail, content and presentation of work
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at Grade C and above to include Maths and English
Potential employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please consider the distance of travel when applying for an apprenticeship vacancy. If you live outside of a reasonable commuting distance from the place of work an explanation of your travel plans will be expected within your application.