Choose a Sector
Business Administration Apprenticeship
Number of vacancies:
Tor Bridge Primary School
Salary per week:
You will be providing administrative and operational support to the Primary. Undertaking the day to day office responsibilities and be a first point of contact, either face to face on the reception desk or on the telephone.
Your general duties will include;
- Have direct impact on the public through being the first point of contact and giving advice
- Maintaining computerised and manual data/records for the Primary
- Answering the telephone and monitoring incoming emails
- Dealing with queries from Parents/Carers, pupils, staff, stakeholders and other professionals
- Liaising with external agencies
- Arranging the booking of CPD events for staff
- Emailing and text messaging information
- Monitoring the issue of, replenishment and any subsequent sales of uniform, office supplies and resources
- Receiving deliveries and post then distributing accordingly
- Take bookings for Breakfast Club and After School Club
- Assist with arranging school trips and booking of coaches
- Assist with Plymouth City Council Admissions and arrange the pupil transfers in and out of school
- Assist with the organisation of interviews
- Contribute towards Census returns
- Monitor pupil attendance and Free School Meals (Pupil Premium)
- Support Induction Events
- Responsibility for the Fire Registers
- Establishing new processes and procedures as and when needed
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
You may also have to carry out some financial tasks such as;
- Effectively use ParentPay
- Collate, balance and record monies in preparation for banking including monitoring late payments in strict accordance with the trust’s Financial Regulations
- Complete periodic stock-takes
- Monitor office supplies and resources
Medium periods of concentrated mental attention are required when preparing documentation. Enhanced mental attention is necessary for financial monitoring duties.
Considerable work-related stress can occur from working towards deadlines while dealing with conflicting demands and interruptions. This post is office-based; there is minimal exposure to unpleasant environments however there is the possibility of contact with disagreeable people-related behaviour either over the telephone or face to face at reception.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Computer literate
- Good IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- First Aid at Work Qualification/Paediatric First Aid
- Experience of working in an administrative environment
- Knowledge of the purpose and functionality of Management Information Systems
- Keyboard skills
- Interpersonal skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English. However, this is not essential as functional skills can be completed.
Opportunity for employment as an Admin assistant with the Trust upon successful completion of the apprentice.