Choose a Sector
Business Administrator Apprentices
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
Mortgages Explained, based in the heart of Plymouth, are keen to invest in further apprentices and give two people the opportunity to start a career in this thriving industry.
The successful candidates will work alongside the Directors, Mortgage and Financial Advisors and other apprentices to assist with all day to day activities that the business requires.
With an outstanding client and business focus, this team are keen to invest their knowledge and skills into individuals who have a desire to work in a busy office environment and develop a future career.
- Assist the Office Manager and Directors of the company in the day to day running of the business
- To take all completed applications and administer to completion
- To coordinate mortgage, buildings & contents, accident sickness & unemployment and life policies
- Ensuring all of the above are ready to issue on exchange of contract for mortgages and completion for re-mortgages
- To regularly update all parties (especially the client) on key development throughout the application process
- To regularly chase lenders, solicitors, clients and doctors for all outstanding items
- Control business pipeline
- Input and control of Microsoft Outlook
- Regular backups of computer data
Any other work related task as may be required from time to time
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
The successful candidates must be keen to learn, have pride in their own work, a friendly and approachable manner and be helpful at all times.
You must be able to communicate with others easily and be confident in using the telephone and written communication methods. To be considered for this vacancy you must be reliable, well presented have the ability to work on your own as well as in a team. This role would suit an organised individual with an interest in business and finance support.
No formal qualifications are required to apply for this vacancy.
If you do not have A-C/4-9 GCSE grades or Functional Skills at level 2 in English and Maths, you will be assessed by the College in these areas prior to an interview with Mortgages Explained. The College will work with the employer to shortlist based on suitability from your application and initial meeting at the College.
Progress on your apprenticeship and job role will determine the future career progression opportunities within the business.
Please ensure you have CV readily available upon application.
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.