Choose a Sector
Business Engagement Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
City College Plymouth
Kings Road Plymouth PL1 5QG
Salary per week:
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm Total hours per week: 37.00
To support the Business Engagement Coordinator and the wider team with a range of administration duties and to provide a comprehensive information service to all external and internal customers, ensuring that details of all enquiries are captured on the College’s enquiry system, complying with General Data Protection Regulations, and that all information requests are fulfilled.
Your duties will be-
- To complete a variety of administrative task to support the day to day activities of the Business Engagement team
- To provide an effective first point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders calling into the business engagement direct line
- To provide a basic education information service to potential employers and learners – in person, over the telephone, via e-mail or social media – taking details of enquiries, fulfilling requests and referring enquiries when appropriate. Particularly apprenticeship
- To gain an understanding of the apprenticeship and short courses available to employers and their employees
- To provide an information service and access to the specialist teams within the College, as well as signposting to external support agencies
- To ensure that all enquiry details are collected and maintained in line with College procedures and the General Data Protection Regulations
- To ensure e-mails for the employer College account are responded to within 24 working hours
- To be available to assist the team with the running of recruitment and employer events and in representing and promoting the College at external events/exhibitions. This may require very occasional attendance at College, or external venues for additional evenings or weekend work
- To liaise with other College departments and maintain a flexible approach at all times
- To use the College’s tracking system to help the Business Engagement Officer’s monitor their caseloads
- To cover the main reception area when required
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may reasonably be required and you will be required to be trained to administer first aid, if necessary
- Customer service practitioner level 2 with administrative skills apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
A high standard of communication skills, both written and verbal.
Effective IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages.
Confidence to be the first point of contact for incoming calls from employers and occasionally on our main reception.
A commitment to a high customer service standards
English and maths GCSEs grade 4/5 (C) or above
On successful completion of your level 2 Customer Service Practioner apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to progress onto a level 3 Business Administration. This will be dependent on your progress throughout your level 2 and whether there is a further job vacancy within the College at that time.