Choose a Sector
Careers and Employability Team, Administration Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Plymouth Marjon University
Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH
Salary per week:
£16,420.00 - £17,361.00 Annually
Monday to Friday, Office Hours Total hours per week: 35.00
At Marjon we believe that each staff member contributes directly to the University’s growth and success, with our values at the heart of everything we do. This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Administration apprentice to join our Careers and Employability Team on a fixed term basis.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide excellent customer service experience when dealing with student queries. Ensuring that contacts are redirected and booking appointments for the Careers Team where appropriate. Also, to undertake marketing and social media on behalf of the careers team, producing newsletters and collating reports. Provide general information and support to students, staff and alumni.
Main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing a consistently excellent standard of customer experience
- Provide first contact assistance for the Future Careers and Employability Team, booking appointments and handling basic queries
- Maintain and update the social media presence of the Careers and Employability service, promoting a range of opportunities to students and alumni
- Be conversant with the online careers management system, and assist staff, students and alumni with queries
- Assist in maintaining careers and employability records
- Assist in collating and distributing careers newsletters and reports
- Assist in preparing and dispatching careers and employability information as detailed to alumni and external partners
- Assist in processing applications for careers and employability opportunities
- To support the efficient administration of careers events, preparing final reports as required
City College Plymouth will deal with all initial enquiries for this vacancy.
Marjon University will also require all applicants to fill in their application form through the link below.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the Business and Administration Level 2 apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components:
- NVQ Diploma
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills maths and English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative and solve straight forward problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills, familiar with social media, word processing, spread sheets and email
- Planning and organising work
- Working effectively to deadlines
- Good customer care
GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent or above in English and maths qualification essential.
The potential for full-time employment after successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Marjon University would require all applicants to apply through this site as well on the following link – https://jobs.marjon.ac.uk/