Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Stepping Stones Pre School
Salary per week:
In this role you will be working to provide safe, high quality care for young children and to maintain a stimulating and enjoyable environment. You will be supporting the pre-school in all aspects. You will be expected to work with other members of staff and independently.
Duties will include, but aren’t limited to:
- General cleaning
- Helping with meal times
- Helping children to learn and engage alongside their piers
- To work as part of a team
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans
- To respect confidentiality and any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
As a gateway requirement and prior to taking the EPA, apprentices must achieve all approved qualifications mandated in the Early Years Practitioner standard. These are:
Early Years Practitioner Qualification (level 2)
For level 2 apprenticeships, apprentices without English and mathematics at level 2 must achieve level 1 English and mathematics and take the tests for level 2 prior to taking their EPA.
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Effective written and oral communication skills required to liaise with pupils, other staff, parents and outside agencies and professionals
- Keyboarding skills required to support the use of ICT in learning activities
- Willingness to learn and develop one’s own skills and knowledge
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
- Commitment to young children and families
- A friendly, flexible approach
- Have a GCSE in English & maths at grade 4/C or above, or equivalent
- Suitability to work with young children (an enhanced DBS check will be performed prior to you starting the role)
There may be the potential for full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- Post holder mainly operates within playroom/classroom-based conditions and there is regular background noise
- There may be the need to deal with bodily fluids when providing personal care to pupils
- Post holder will be subject to occasional exposure to pupils exhibiting difficult and challenging behaviour and who are angry or upset