Choose a Sector
Customer Service Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Beacon Medical Group
Mudge Way, Plympton
Salary per week:
- Patient/ Customer Care
• Receive requests for repeat prescriptions from patients, pharmacy and care home staff, and process these in a timely and accurate manner and distribute signed prescriptions on request according to practice protocols.
- Patient Registrations and Deductions
- Equality and Diversity
- Personal/Professional Development
The details contained in this Job Description are not exhaustive and may change as the post develops
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
• You must work effectively alongside other teams and clinicians within the Group in a professional manner to nurture a spirit of collaborative team working
• You should be able to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
• You must be encouraging and supportive to colleagues across the Group and you will be promoting a positive working environment.
The successful candidate must be hardworking, reliable and friendly. This role will be customer service and customer satisfaction based.
The successful applicant will be ideally educated to GCSE or equivalent level including maths and English however this is not essential as Functional Skills can be completed within the apprenticeship.
You must have a good level of understanding in IT to be able to utilise the systems in place.
On application for this position you will carry out an English and maths assessment to ensure you are able to work at the appropriate level for this job role.
The Beacon Medical Group have invested in the apprenticeship programme over the last 3 years and have recently taken on many apprentices in their Ivybridge and Plympton branches.
This is a fixed term post for 12 months at will be reviewed at the 12 month period to discuss progression opportunities.
The surgery operates extended opening times across all sites as part of its business opening hours, as part of employee’s contract there will be a requirement to cover extended hours on a rotation basis.
The post holder may need to work across other sites, on different days when required.