Choose a Sector
Customer Service Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
This is a general application for an Automotive Apprenticeship. We are currently working with businesses in Plymouth and the surrounding areas to secure opportunities for applicants.
Salary per week:
£4.15 per hour at minimum. Your wage will depend on the hours worked.
An apprentice must work a minimum of 30 hours per week, however most work around 40.
As an apprentice Customer Service Practitioner you will be delivering high quality products and services to customers face to face, digitally or over the phone. This is an industry with a huge amount of different job opportunities varying from workplace to workplace and you may be the first point of contact for customers, dealing with orders, offering advice and guidance, fixing problems, taking payments or working in a sales driven role. This variety of job roles makes this an extremely versatile apprenticeship with plenty of different options for career progression.
The day to day duties for this role will vary depending on your workplace but they may include:
- Providing a first point of contact for customers
- Answering phone calls
- Replying to Emails and online queries
- Managing customer information and updating computer based systems
- Assisting with administration tasks
Over the 15 month apprenticeship, you will work towards the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 1 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Great communication skills and able to communicate confidently with a range of people
- A commitment to high customer service standards
- Friendly and approachable
- Good IT skills
- Hardworking and flexible
- Motivated and enthusiastic
Depending on the business you secure your apprenticeship with, will determine what your progression routes are. The College will be able to establish whether the contract of employment is for the duration of the apprenticeship only, or whether future opportunities will be available.
By applying for this position you will go through the College’s assessments and once successful, you will be assigned a Business Engagement Officer who will guide you into employment by finding the best suited workplace.