Choose a Sector
Digital Marketing Apprenticeship
Number of vacancies:
Beacon Medical Group
Plympton Medical Centre, Mudge Way, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 1AD
Salary per week:
Beacon Medical Group is looking to employ an apprentice to manage their day to day social media, website and assist with the design and creation of patient-facing health campaigns to promote the Group and its services. If you have a keen interest in Communications and Social Media then this position is perfect for you!
Are you an excellent communications all-rounder who can create shareable social media content and write engaging content for a website? If so, we have the perfect job for you.
You will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get involved in a whole range of digital media and communications jobs. But your prime focus will be updating our social media channels, which are increasing their reach all the time and are used more and more by our patients, staff and visitors to engage with us, and ensuring our website is accurate and accessible.
We also need your input on how we can develop our digital platforms going forward, so that our patients, visitors and staff have a variety of ways of keeping in touch with us.
You may also have skills in photography or video making which would add real value to the Group’s corporate communications, and help to keep our patients and staff well informed.
Enthusiasm and a commitment to putting our patients and staff at the heart of communications are essential for this role, which requires creativity, versatility and the ability to work autonomously.
Key Tasks will include:
- Researching and developing multimedia content for all social media platforms, maximising opportunities for improving the quality, appeal, usability and effectiveness.
- Acting as lead web editor/developer for the Group’s website.
- Response management/statistical analytics.
- Group/patient/stakeholder emails and newsletters – creative inputs to design/layouts and content.
- To increase Beacon Medical Group’s social presence and engagement with public/patients.
Qualities and skills:
- Working knowledge of social media and content management systems
- Knowledge of office systems
- Computer literate, proficient in Word, Email and internet usage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to understand information
- Ability to work to meet deadlines
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to deal with personal and confidential issues
- Ability to work on own initiative and have the ability to problem solve and to know when to seek help
- Commitment to personal development and ability to identify and utilise learning opportunities
- Ability to be pro-active and support change
- Good broad general education including literacy and numeracy, GCSE equivalent in English, Grade A-C.
This will enable you to develop skills in social media and digital branding. The Group will ensure you gain skills in using the medium of social media through platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to develop an online presence. You will learn how digital media can enhance reputational ‘brand’ and discover the benefit of reaching your customers through the use of social media. There will be a strong element of creative writing and learning how to engage customers through a digital platform.
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.