Choose a Sector
Electrical design Engineer Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
£173.25 - £334.13
- Assisting the Building Services Design Engineers with the design elements of systems
- Drawing and coordination exercises in CAD software packages such as Revit
- Carrying out design calculations such as: cable sizing, lighting, Equipment sizing (fans, pumps, distribution boards etc.)
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation e.g. basis of designs, technical/design specifications, procurement specifications, assessment reports, survey reports, tailored to required stage of project completion, covering all aspects of electrical services
- Collect information from inspections or visits to buildings, land and construction sites
- Ensuring compliance with relevant industry standard guidelines, standards and regulations
- Assisting with administration duties where required
- Ensure a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Generally working with the team and assisting staff both in the office and at site visits
- Any other reasonable duties as required
The successful individual will be enrolled onto the Level 3 Engineering Technician – Product Design and Development pathway apprenticeship via City College Plymouth.
This apprenticeship runs over approx. 3.5 years with College attendance one day per week (term time) with a full week’s attendance in the October and February half terms over the first two years.
Qualities and skills:
- The successful candidate should also have a good understanding of what the discipline of Electrical Design Engineering involves specifically within Building Services, and is fully aware of the career path ahead
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is determined and passionate about becoming a Chartered Electrical Design Engineer
- You must be keen to learn, adaptable and eager to start an exciting career with a well-established business
The successful candidate should have gained at least 5 GCSEs at grade 5/C+ or above including maths & English or equivalents.
For the right candidate, future employment and progression is available.
Things to consider
All applicants must have the desire to gain a full driver’s licence upon eligibility.
- Join a dynamic consultancy with excellent progression opportunities and fully funded training
- Support and guidance through your apprenticeship
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Up to 27 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Regular sports & social events-BBQ’s, boat trips, bowling nights and much-much more!
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent enhanced pension scheme
- Access to 24/7 counselling through our employee assistance helpline
- Exclusive restaurant, travel and retail discounts