Choose a Sector
Electrical Engineering Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Wolf Minerals (UK) Limited
Drakelands Mine, Lee Moor Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL7 5BW
Salary per week:
· Following maintenance strategy (planned, preventative and reactive).
· Ensuring electrical areas of the workshop is kept up to 5S standards of organisation and tidiness.
· Ensure plant and associated infrastructure housekeeping is being kept at a high standard and tools are maintained in a good working order.
· Ensure all activities are conducted safely without danger to personnel or equipment.
· Liaise with other engineering group members to help create risk assessments for all task types.
· Ensure locking-out procedures are always followed by Wolf, contracted technicians and tradesmen.
· Ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, objective and regulations and the commitment to achieving Zero Loss Time Injury through safe behaviours.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Ambition / aspiration for career progression
- Flexible approach to work
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willing to travel, if necessary
- An absolute commitment to Wolf Standards of Safety & Environmental Compliance.
- A genuine interest in the field of Engineering in the Mining Sector
- A real commitment to respect and learn from experienced Tradesmen, Supervisors and College Lecturers.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workload / study units to meet deadlines
Potential to progress to Supervisory/Management roles