Choose a Sector
Electrical Maintenance Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Rcr Flooring Products Ltd
Salary per week:
£18,000.00 per annum
Monday to Friday, shifts to be confirmed at interview stage.
You will be directly responsible for controlling, monitoring and implementing the day to day maintenance of the equipment, machinery and facilities within the company. You will be training towards an Electrical Maintenance Engineering qualification and will constantly show the added value through your improving daily work.
Duties for this role will include:
- The Maintenance Apprentice will assist and complete planned maintenance records on all electrical, mechanical equipment and property repairs
- This includes testing malfunctioning equipment, identifying defects, troubleshooting, repairing equipment and replacing defective parts
- The Maintenance Apprentice will collaborate with other engineering staff & managers to identify and solve problems
- Adopt a “fix it, not patch it” ethos and always keep this in mind when undertaking work
- Work closely with the managers, team Leaders and the Logistics team to ensure that all machinery and equipment is well maintained to a good standard
- Ensuring effective communication is used at all times to aid in the completion of works and repairs
- Ensuring you are highly trained and multi skilled in all areas of maintaining and servicing of equipment and machinery through written, agreed and implemented training plans
- Take full responsibility for Health and Safety of yourself and staff working with you, ensuring you are well-equipped trained and prepared to complete all tasks and all relevant paperwork is in place
- Input and output data and information responsibly from the company systems whilst bearing in mind the social media and computer use policies in place
- Complete all training and course work in a timely fashion and endeavour to achieve the highest possible grade available
- Fulfil any reasonable requests made to you regarding work that requires completing
- Complete fully and accurately any other reasonable request by a manager
This is a Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth involving:
- A one-year day release programme to gain a level 2 technical certificate in Engineering Operations
- Work-based learning and training to gain a level 2 certificate/diploma in an engineering/manufacturing discipline
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
This apprenticeship has an expected duration of 18 months.
Qualities and skills:
- Moderate manufacturing experience
- Ability to work under pressure and still achieve good results
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to create good working relationships with staff members and contractors
- Good physical strength and hand-eye coordination may be required
- Good time management, critical, and interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset and passion for learning
Although there are no set qualifications to become an apprentice it helps to have GCSEs (A-C/9-4) in maths and English, or equivalent, as this could exempt you from further training in these subjects.
There may be the potential for employment or further qualifications upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.