Choose a Sector
Engineering Maintenance apprenticeship
Number of vacancies:
Kawasaki Precision Machinery (UK) Ltd
Salary per week:
The successful candidate will have exposure to the following:
- Fault finding using PLC ladder diagrams and CNC controls.
- Identify repeat problems and assist in the corrective actions to remove the cause.
- Breakdown repair of existing plant, and machinery.
- Working with the Production Team for the installation of new machinery and assisting with machinery moves.
- Production support activities
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
To apply for this position, it is ESSENTIAL that you have:
- GCSE B or Grade 5 or above in Maths and English OR other relevant qualification/experience
- Enthusiasm for a career in Engineering Maintenance
- Good communication skills
- Good team skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
The successful applicant will be trained up to and including a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship with an Electrical/Electronic Engineering bias – the exact pathway or framework will be decided upon once the successful applicant is selected based on their experience and existing qualifications