Choose a Sector
Engineering Technician Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Wallsend Industrial Estate Cattedown Road Plymouth PL4 0RW
Salary per week:
Working along side skilled engineers, you will learn a varied range of skills needed to become a qualified engineer. Your apprenticeship will cover a wide range of mechanical & electrical skills. You will be involved in tasks such as planned preventive maintenance,motor/gearbox testing and replacement. Bearing replacement and maintenance. Machinery breakdowns and troubleshooting. Various project works. Maintaining and operating a complex processing system. You will also learn to work with refrigeration systems,steam boilers and pneumatic equipment.
Duties Include :
- Planned maintenance,
- General breakdowns.
- Project work,
- New installations and general duties for smooth running of factory.
This is a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth involving:
- An 18-month day release programme to gain a level 2 technical certificate in Engineering Operations
- Work-based learning and training to gain a level 2 certificate / diploma in an engineering / manufacturing discipline
- Extensive on-the-job training with one of our experienced machine setters
On completion of your training, you will be working as a fully qualified member of one of our Sheet Metal Manufacturing teams.
Qualities and skills:
- Mechanical knowledge
- Good with hands
- Can do attitude
- Get on well with people
- Willing to learn
- 4 GCSE’s grade C / 4 or above including maths, English and science
There may be the potential for permanent employment or progression to a higher-level apprenticeship for the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.