Choose a Sector
Exams Administrator Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
City College Plymouth
Salary per week:
£12,568.00 per annum
Monday to Friday, shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 37.5
You will be working in the Exams department and provide administrative support in the effective arrangement of internal and external examinations held at the College, ensuring that policies and procedures of the various examining bodies are adhered to.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide clerical support duties such as: word processing letters, accurate reports, using spreadsheets and updating databases
- Receiving examination entries and registrations, preparation of an examination timetable notification to candidates and invigilation
- Ensuring safe custody of exam papers and notifying the Examinations Officer of difficulties arising during examinations
- Prompt despatch of completed examination scripts and coursework
- Providing an efficient results and certificate service to students and employers
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive records, and ensuring that all information relative to examinations and results is correctly prepared for input in the computerised Student Record System
- Assist in the processing of student enrolment forms, data entry onto MIS and associated filing
- Help provide an efficient enquiry service for students, staff and external agencies
- Assistance as required with other aspects of the work in the Central Administration Team and specific projects allocated by the Director of Finance and Administration
- To assist in the coaching/mentoring of any new apprentice joining the team
- To arrange meetings, provide administration support, minute taking and produce and distribute these documents with relevant attendees
- To look at current procedures and positive changes that could be implemented
- To use a variety of management systems for examinations, student information and uploading of data
- The post holder must also undertake other duties, as appropriate to the grading of the post, as required
This role profile is intended to provide an overview of the role in the context of the ambition of City College Plymouth.
The overview of responsibilities is listed for convenience and is not in any order of priority or significance. It is agreed that the significance of different aspects of the role will vary at different times and that all accountabilities are of potentially equivalent significance.
- Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Evidence of experience where attention to detail was important
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
- Experience of dealing directly with customers
- A commitment to high customer service and professional conduct at all times
- An effective and committed team player with a willingness to learn
- Adaptability to change and the working environment
- GCSE or equivalent in English and maths of A-C / 4-9
There may be the potential for full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.