Choose a Sector
Hair Professional Apprentice
Hair and Beauty
Number of vacancies:
Global Hair Design
102 Cornwall Street Plymouth PL1 1NF
Salary per week:
Monday - Friday 09:00am - 03:00pm Total hours per week: 30.00
This apprenticeship is full-time employment with training. It involves assisting with tidying of the salon, dealing with clients, carrying out hairdressing services and assisting colleagues. You will gain practical experience by working in the salon. The practical skills you learn will be underpinned by the theoretical aspects and will allow you to gain a nationally recognised hairdressing qualification and apprenticeship certificate.
Daily tasks will include but aren’t limited to;
- Assisting in the smooth running of the reception area and serving refreshments to the clients.
- Aiding the colour technicians by mixing, application and rinsing off colours. Also washing tint bowls and brushes.
- Assisting the stylists by shampooing when required and the general tidiness of the salon.
Within this apprenticeship, you will be enrolled on the Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship with City College Plymouth. You will attend College 1 day per week (term time) learning the skills and knowledge it takes it to become a qualified hairdresser. You will work in the salon alongside this for a minimum of 30 hours per week. The salon will also assist your training with set sessions for you to practice. You will be under the guidance of a qualified member of staff during all training and development sessions.
This apprenticeship is approximately 23 months in duration and the College will set regular targets for you along the way to ensure that you are progressing as expected.
Qualities and skills:
- Good social and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Able to take instructions
- Being well presented and to be polite when interacting with clients and colleagues
- To be keen to learn
- Have a positive attitude.
No formal qualifications are required for this position, however, we would prefer candidates who have English and maths GCSE’s of A-C (4-9) or equivalent.
The successful candidate who has made satisfactory progress in our salon will be offered a position to work as a qualified hairdresser in the salon.
Also, there will be an opportunity to do an advanced Level 3 apprenticeship in hairdressing with our salon after completion of the candidates Level 2 apprenticeship.