Choose a Sector
Hair and Beauty
Number of vacancies:
Mannamead Hair Care
1-3 Eggbuckland Road Plymouth PL3 5HF
Salary per week:
Hours to be confirmed once appointed Total hours per week: 30.00
Mannamead Haircare & Beauty is currently recruiting for a Full-time position for a 2nd/3rd-year apprentice. Are you a talented individual with a creative flair to join their friendly team? If you are self-motivated, personable and keen to be part of an exciting and growing salon, then we want to hear from you.
This apprenticeship is full-time employment with training. We are looking for someone who is passionate about hair. It involves assisting with the upkeep of the salon, dealing with clients, carrying out hairdressing services and assisting colleagues. You will develop valuable practical experience by working in a salon environment and being exposed to a high standard of professional hairdressing on a day to day basis. The practical skills you learn will be underpinned by the theoretical aspects and gain a nationally recognised hairdressing qualification and apprenticeship certificate.
Duties will include:
- Aspects of colour application and removal, foils, packets, neutralizing perms and generally keen to further their knowledge in all aspects of hairdressing and salon life.
- Greeting clients
- Shampooing, tint application &removal
- General tidiness of salon
- Helping stylists.
Within this apprenticeship, you will be enrolled on the Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship with City College Plymouth. You will attend College 1 day per week (term time) learning the skills and knowledge it takes it to become a qualified hairdresser. You will work in the salon alongside this for a minimum of 30 hours per week. The salon will also assist your training with set sessions for you to practice. You will be under the guidance of a qualified member of staff during all training and development sessions.
This apprenticeship is approximately 23 months in duration and the College will set regular targets for you along the way to ensure that you are progressing as expected.
Qualities and skills:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Computer literate, for managing the online booking system and completing College work
- Any experience of working in a salon environment is highly desirable
- The ability to work under pressure
- Easy to talk to and be able to speak to clients and make them feel welcome in our salon
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Presentable and well-groomed
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work to consistently high standards
- Cooperative and a team player
- Eager to learn
- Professional attitude
No formal qualifications are required for this position, however, we would prefer candidates who have English and maths GCSE’s of A-C (4-9) or equivalent.
To progress to a stylist position if possible