Choose a Sector
Hospitality Team Member Apprentice
Catering and Hospitality
Number of vacancies:
St Stephens Bakery
Salary per week:
• Opening up the shop in the morning, checking off delivered goods and displaying cake & bread.
• Setting up the ‘salad bar’ by preparing and displaying items
• Switching on all machines including hot plates/cabinets, coffee machine, cold drinks machine, etc.
• Stocking hot plate/cabinet with hot food as it comes down from the kitchen.
• Putting floats into tills and checking this is accurate.
• Arranging the tables & chairs ready for opening.
• Checking the diary for orders for the day ahead
• Recording opening temperatures on fridges, freezers, etc and completing food records.
• Serving customers and assisting with orders.
• Taking telephone orders and assisting colleagues when required.
• Carrying stock up and down the stairs from kitchen.
• Serving food/drink to tables.
• Monitoring and re-stocking products when required.
• Assisting with close down & cleaning procedures at end of day
• Working at least one shift per week in the kitchen, assisting with cake & hot food production, cleaning and prep work. This may also include pastry preparation and ‘rolling’ one afternoon.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Be able to work at a fast pace and be physically fit.
- Be able to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Be able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Be able to work as part of a team and be a great communicator with colleagues & customers
- Be flexible with regards to your shifts and be prepared to work over agreed hours on occasions to help with sickness or holiday cover.• Friendly & approachable
• Enthusiastic about products
• Good timekeeper
• Hard working
Level 3 or permanent employment
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled in and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.