Choose a Sector
HR Support Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Unit 12, Plymouth, PL5 3LX
Salary per week:
This role requires a motivated individual who can adapt easily to managing various tasks and requirements, although full training will be given in all aspects of the duties below:
- Provide admin support to the HR Manager
- Provide prompt and relevant support to business customers
- Maintain accurate information
- Reply to correspondence as required
- Maintain all Human Resources procedures
- Maintain paperwork and computer systems
- Maintain all employee records accurately and efficiently
- Inputting data into the staff database, including new starters’ details, training, appraisal and accident information
- Filing, photocopying, shredding, dealing with the incoming and outgoing post, and other general admin functions
- Producing letters and other HR related correspondence
- Setting up meetings and welcoming visitors
- Liaising with departmental managers
- Assist in the organisation of events
- Assist with the recruitment process including designing and writing adverts, placing adverts, producing recruitment timetables, maintaining on-line assessment system, producing letters and e-mails, responding to queries and concerns, marking tests and supporting managers
- Maintain the HR section of the website, updating when necessary and finding ways to continuously improve it
- Administration of training, including booking events, marketing events, booking and cancelling delegates
- Updating policies and the staff handbook
It is essential that you are professional and confidential with an awareness at all times of best practice in the workplace.
Training to be provided
Equivalent to an A-level, and lasting 18 months, on this apprenticeship you’ll use HR systems to keep records, help the business make HR changes and work in a range of areas including recruitment and retirement. An HR Support Apprenticeship is for you if you’re entering the profession and have a keen interest in having a career in this line of work.
This Level 3 HR apprenticeship focuses on workplace-based learning. You’ll also complete professional development training (CIPD) and spend a percentage of your time in the classroom on a weekly basis. The apprenticeship culminates in an End-Point Assessment (EPA), where you’ll have your skills, knowledge and behaviours evaluated against the relevant apprenticeship standard.
There is opportunity to progress onto the Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner in the future if the job role and suitability allows.
Qualities and skills:
Experience of working in an office environment or similar would be beneficial for this role.
We expect the successful candidate to be organised, have good time keeping skills and the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Confident in meeting new people
- Well presented and professional
- Self motivated
- Eager to learn
- Team player
GCSE or equivalent C (4) grade or above in English and maths is essential for this role.
There is opportunity to progress onto the Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner in the future if the job role and suitability allows. There is also opportunity to secure a full time permanent position within the HR team.
Things to consider
Office based computer work, 1st floor of the building with no lift, so you will need to come up a flight of stairs.
Your initial application will go to City College Plymouth who will complete the screening process on behalf of cmostores.com. Only after this will your details be sent to the business.
Please consider putting together a CV if you do not already have one as this will requested from you by City College Plymouth.