Choose a Sector
Junior Administrator (apprentice)
Number of vacancies:
STUDIO 1, 1ST FLOOR PLUMER HOUSE, TAILYOUR ROAD, PLYMOUTH, PL6 5DH
Salary per week:
08.30 – 16.30 (30 mins break). Total of 37.5 hours a week.
- Using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel etc. to produce correspondence/ documents and maintain records, spreadsheets and databases.
- Sort & process incoming post including matching purchase invoices to orders
- Organise and send outgoing post
- Raise new jobs on the internal purchasing system & create job folders for site personnel.
- Work with colleagues to order materials, raise purchase orders & organise deliveries accordingly
- Liaise with staff & subcontractors on site specific requirements.
- Produce & issue client specific documentation.
- Answer the telephone in a polite, courteous manner & direct calls accordingly.
- Liaising with colleagues to book travel and accommodation.
- Photocopying, printing and scanning various documents sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
- Maintain office filing system including documentation from different sectors.
Assist the Managers & Directors with any other duties as required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communicator
- Typing & computer literate
- Excellent telephone manner
- Keen learner
- Good organisational skills
- Positive, honest attitude to work
Prospect of full time, permanent position upon successful completion of NVQ L2 B.A.
Mets work within the construction industry specialising in mechanical, electrical & building services. We are a small but exciting company, based in Plymouth but carrying out 90% of our works in London for clients like London Underground. We offer a wide range of services & aim to deliver these to the highest standard. Mets are looking for a Junior Administrator to assist with the day to day duties within the office. This will entail a wide range of tasks, making an enjoyable & varied workload. From assisting site personnel, managers & contractors with site specific requests to processing documents & dealing with telephone calls. Mets are looking for an enthusiastic, bubbly individual who shows great organisational skills & a good initiative towards work.