Choose a Sector
KS2 Sports Apprentice and Teaching Assistant
Number of vacancies:
St Andrews C Of E School
Salary per week:
Developing a passion for learning within a caring community is the heart of our school vision. We have achieved the Platinum Sports award three years in a row. The school have an excellent reputation in competitive sports and offer a wide variety of enrichment experiences including the school triathalon and the school swimming pool. Being a ‘Tribe School,’ outdoor education is part of our enriched offer. The school grounds include a woodland area, brook and an apple orchard.
The school has strong links with the local community and the local church of St Andrew’s.
- To work in a key stage 2 classroom to provide close supervision for 1:1 and small group work
- Undertake agreed activities
- Prepare resources
- Support class teacher lead and work with the KS2 team to ensure needs of all the children are being addressed
- A willingness to share ideas and contribute to the development of the whole school
- Willingness to support or lead a group/club at lunchtime or after school
- To organise and manage the sport equipment
- To support PE/Sport lessons, competitions, events and clubs
St Andrew’s CofE Primary School – Employer.
Education – primary. 200 children on role.
Over the 15-month Level 2 Community Activator apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communication skills with adults and children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working with children
- PE/Sport specialist
- Willing and able to take on new ideas and initiatives
- Enjoys working as a team
- Personable and professional
- Able to use initiative
- Ability to plan effectively, to assess pupil progress and keep effective records
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Can develop effective relationships with children and is sympathetic to the individuals needs of children depending upon their circumstance or additional needs
- Sympathetic to the ethos of the Church of England and willing to promote these values with the children
- GCSE or equivalent grade 4/C or above in maths and English
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Things to consider
We are a school with an outdoor education focus.
We are a school strongly committed to our Christian Distinctiveness.
We are a mile away from the nearest bus stop, so being able to drive is necessary.