Choose a Sector
L3 Customer Service Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Drake Circus Centre Limited (wholly owned by British Land PLC)
Management Suite, Drake Circus Shopping Centre, 1 Charles Street, Plymouth PL1 1EA
Salary per week:
£313.20 – this is based on the national living wage which is £7.83
40 Hours per week, 5 days over 7
- To assist in the manning of the Customer Service Desk and Mall Desk as required, including holiday, late night and weekend cover.
- Responsible for greeting visitors to the Management Office and dealing with enquiries; providing a professional first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries to the Centre Management Suite. Acting in a polite, positive and professional manner at all times.
- Provide a first point of contact for members of the public ensuring a warm welcome, dealing with enquiries and problems efficiently and quickly.
- Ensure that all customer complaints / comments are responded to and escalated and recorded in a timely manner.
- First call pickup ensuring telephone messages are passed in a timely manner with the correct information to the appropriate team member
- Assist Retailers with the Centre services including photocopying, faxing and helping with any general enquiries.
- Administration of the Centre Gift Card.
- Administer the Centre Discount Card.
- Retail Support:Assist the Centre Management Team in the delivery of onsite events.
- Assist the Centre Management Team in the delivery of the community annual action plan.
- Assist the Retail & Services Manager with the retailer turnover collection process and reporting process, ensuring data is analysed and accurate.
- Provide full administrative support to the Retail Services Manager, to include diary keeping, typing all correspondence, electronic and paper, filing, arranging meetings and any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
- Attending meetings with the Centre Management team, taking notes and producing and distributing minutes that are correct and concise.
- Establish strong links with all Retailers, through regular visits to units & telephone contact, and utilise contacts effectively to obtain monthly figures and feedback required in advance of monthly management meetings.
General Office Support:
- Provide a high standard of administrative support for the Centre Management Team as required including filing, reporting and general office duty’s.
- Creating Purchase Orders and processing invoices for the Centre Management Team on the inhouse IT system.
- Managing, logging and administering of communication spreadsheets as required.
- Responsible the Conference Room bookings and ensure that the room is set up and left in a tidy manner pre and post all meetings and that all users are Fire Briefed..
- Assist in the booking of travel and hotels, and processing expenses for the Centre Management
- Assist in hosting of refreshments to client representatives, tenants and visitors to the Centre.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Retailers, both formally and informally; deal with daily enquiries raised by tenants.
- Have a good understanding of the Company’s Health and Safety policy and the resultant requirements on-site, including evacuation procedures in the event of an incident, to ensure the safety of on-site personnel / visitors.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability and initiative to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and initiative to work without close supervision whilst understanding what information must be communicated to Centre Management and knowing when to refer a problem within the management team.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
Possible career progression.
Must be willing to work weekends and evenings if required.