Choose a Sector
Live Events Technician & Warehouse Coordinator
Marketing & Creative Industries
Number of vacancies:
PL1 Events Ltd
Unit 25, Bell Park, Bell Close, Plymouth, PL7 4TA
Salary per week:
The start and end times may vary depending on the work schedule but in total you will be required to work 37.5 hours per week.
Main purpose of the position
Due to continued success and growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Live Events Technician & Warehouse Coordinator to join the core PL1 Events team.
You will be supporting the Event Production team in the maintenance, preparation and delivery of equipment to venues and clients’ premises in and around the Westcountry, as well as across the UK and potentially overseas.
You will be organising the day-to-day operation of the warehouse and supporting Senior Technicians with general warehouse procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Day to day management of the warehouse
- Assisting the management of stock using in-house software
- Stock checking
- Carrying out basic repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Following instructions to ensure equipment is safe and secure at all times
- Testing and cleaning of equipment
- Assisting the management of sub-hiring equipment when required
- Checking in and checking out equipment for events
- Assisting the delivery of shows and events, working with production and freelance staff
- Assisting the installation of technical equipment on-site
- Preparation, loading and unloading of kit for live events
- Rigging and de-rigging
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety
- Maintaining good relationships and consistently delivering a first-class service to all internal and external customers
- Carrying out such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post as required by Senior Technicians and the Leadership Team
- Assisting the production of equipment lists, schedules and other related paperwork such as risk assessments, technical specs
- Operating rental management software effectively (training provided)
Health & Safety
- Adhering to risk assessments and method statements produced by PL1 Events, ensuring that Health and Safety policies and Licensing requirements are followed at all times
- Working from the Plymouth based warehouse, when not required on site.
- Travelling to event locations as required
- Complying with current legislation and PL1 Events’ policies on Equality, Diversity and Health & Safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- Identifying and undertaking training and personal development to meet business needs
- Attending regular staff meetings
- Always acting in the best interests of PL1 Events
- Maintaining confidentiality in all areas relating to PL1 Events where appropriate
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties so as to ensure the smooth running of the organisation
The Live Events Technician apprenticeship will be delivered by City College Plymouth and PL1 Events Ltd. The apprenticeship duration is 30 months and during this period you will be assessed at the workplace by the College’s assessor to assist in the achievement of your apprenticeship. No College attendance is required as part of this apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- A passion for the live events industry and a keen interest in the technical equipment
- Some experience within the events technical industry, or equivalent
- Experience in problem solving and keeping calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate and competent in use of Word and Excel
Desirable but not essential
- Experience using CAD/design and rental management software
- First Aid qualification
- Full Driver’s License
The ideal candidate will have a passion and desire to progress within the live events industry and have some relevant work experience or qualification.
The role will appeal to those who have practical skills and enjoy mending / maintaining technical equipment and finding solutions to challenges.
The position will be challenging and rewarding and would suit a hardworking and ambitious individual who is self-motivated, a team-player, organised and confident.
Apprentices without GCSE A-C/Level 2 in English & Maths will be required to achieve this level prior to the end of the Apprenticeship. Basic IT skills and a pass in a GCSE Science subject would be desirable.
If you do not hold a GCSE C or above, or equivilent qualification in English & Maths upon application then assessments will be held at the College to ensure you are working at the correct level to start this apprenticeship.
Potentially, this apprenticeship can lead to a rewarding career as a technician within PL1 Events and the entertainment industry. It is also the chance to get involved in some really exciting shows and events!
The candidate will have shifts involving some early starts and late finishes, occasionally at short notice. The role requires working both indoors and outdoors in all weathers, as well as well as in a warehouse environment where doors are regularly open.
The role includes physical activities such as carrying bulky equipment via stairs/steps and using ladders. The candidate will need to safely lift, set up and de-rig some heavy items above ground height, such as screens, trussing etc.
This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth so your initial application will go directly to the College where you will be invited in for an interview to find out more and assess your suitability. The College will be carrying out the shortlisting to pass suitable candidates onto PL1 Events Ltd.