Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Greenergy Terminals Ltd
Breakwater Hill, Coxside, Plymouth, PL4 0RJ
Salary per week:
£12,500 per Annum
Monday to Friday. Four days on site 08:00 - 17:00 (2 x 15 minute break, 1 x 60 minute break) and one day at College.
Greenergy is a leading national provider of road fuel with significant infrastructure and service capability.
Greenergy supplies fuel to oil companies and supermarkets which operate petrol stations and also to major users of fuel such as bus and logistics companies.
In this role you will be working with site operation shifts and maintenance department, to assist and learn all aspects of maintenance routines and operations. You will also be carrying out periodic testing of equipment safety systems among many other duties. This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth.
In this role you will be working closely with the existing Maintenance team to ensure the safe and efficient running of a number of different pieces of equipment.
Duties for this apprenticeship will include but are not limited to:
- Support site maintenance team
- Mechanical maintenance as required from site permit to work system
- Support site Operation teams
- Equipment testing and remedial works as required
- Recording of defects and completing associated actions
- Implementation of site SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) requirements
- Recording SHEQ observations and events in line with site standards
- Completion of associated paperwork for each task
- COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) and Environmental Agency regulation compliance for site infrastructure and systems
- Mechanical maintenance on equipment involved in storage and distribution of petrochemicals
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components;
- NVQ Diploma Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician
- Technical Cert
- Functional Skills maths and English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Practical skills (including the use of hand tools)
- IT Competent
- Good timekeeping
- Strong work ethic
- Open and honest, not afraid to ask a question
- C/4 or above in GCSE Maths, English and IT.
Advanced Apprenticeship may be available, determined by results and performance.
Other positions in the operations team may also become available at the end of the apprenticeship.
Candidate needs to be safety aware and willing to work outside.