Choose a Sector
Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Birch Valley Plastics
Salary per week:
The job will involve receiving initial order to despatch by following the journey of the product through its various stages of the manufacturing process.
The role will include:
- Machine setting
- Tool changes
- Reading engineering drawings
- Using various measuring equipment
- Process planning
- Product development
- Mechanical maintenance
- Helping Engineers carry out various H&S checks on a weekly basis
You will recieve in house training as well as College training to develop yourself whilst starting your manufacturing career.
The weekly wage of £200 will be reviewed every 6 months and adjusted accordingly in line with your progress.
This role will be alongside the Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship with City College Plymouth. This apprenticeship is 18 months with College attendance required one day per week (term time only). You will have training at College and at the workplace to enable you to gain experience, skills and knowledge throughout your learning journey.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Qualities and skills:
- Good listening
- Good reading and maths skills
- A willingness to learn is key
- Good timekeeping and attendance is essential
- Pleasant demeanour
The ideal candidate will have A-C/4-9 grades in English and maths.
For the successful candidate, future employment may be available depending on your time throughout your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive internal training
- Fully funded qualification
- Excellent benefits package
- Professional, flexible and engaging environment