Choose a Sector
Marine Engineering Apprenticeship
Number of vacancies:
Princess Motor Yacht Sales LTD
Turnchapel Wharf, Barton Road, Turnchapel, Plymouth, PL9 9RQ
Salary per week:
Shipwright trainee, using carpentry skills to customise luxury yachts to an owner’s specification. Support the retro fit team with retro preparation of boat prior to work being under take. Finish and clean boat post work to the highest of standard prior to handover.
Duties to include, but not be limited to;
- Retro Job preparation and protection of boats interior before commencing work
- Support senior carpenters and engineering team in specified jobs
- Flexibility to work irregular hours if required
- Able to travel to European destinations to support the team where required.
Qualities and skills:
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Good concentration
- Good attention to detail and able to take jobs through to a completion ready to handover to the client
- Interested in learning a skill as a shipwright/ carpenter
- Able to work in a team
- Able to take instruction
- English (C)
- Maths (C)
- Science and/or DT (C)
- Full drivers licence
To develop into a shipwright/ carpenter and work independently and manage allocated retro fit jobs.
Regular outdoor working, cold wet and windy.
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.